SMASH AND GRAB
- August 20, 2020
- Posted by: SSDC Online Nigeria
- Category: blog
Smash and grab’ is a very common criminal incident that occurs majorly on Nigeria roads. It occurs when criminals operating singularly or in pairs attack their victims by using objects like iron or stone to shatter their vehicle windows and remove valuable assets before quickly exiting the scene.
This incident is common during traffic gridlock either in broad daylight or at night. It is usually carried out in notorious black spot areas for instance Apogbon, Surulere bridge leading to the National stadium, ojuelegba (on top and under the bridge), Anthony towards Maryland, Oworoshoki end of the 3rd mainland bridge, Festac/Amuwo road, in Lagos just to mention a few.
How do we reduce our exposure to this crime and how do we make ourselves HARD TARGETS for these criminals? These and many more will be shared with participants in the coming SMASH AND GRAB awareness training specifically designed to raise the awareness level of road users.
- Take regular precautions like not leaving anything of value inside the vehicle. Items that are considered easy targets for car theft include: Purses, briefcases, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, and GPS navigation devices.
- Drivers should also park in well-lit areas, close to the nearest building
- Be careful at road intersections
- Be aware of Black spots and exercise caution while driving through them
- Install transparent anti shatter film on your vehicles.
How proactive are drivers driving in hostile and crime prone environments? Are you interested in undergoing this skill development course of training or you wish to enroll your driver? Better take our two training and pay for only one. Take our Smash and Grab course for free and pay token to be certified as a defensive driver.