Disaster is a natural occurrence, human deeds, or a combination of the two may occur suddenly. The outcome results in a tremendous negative impact for continuity of life. In the event of a disaster, the affected entity must respond by taking effective remedial action to restore the condition as it was before.
Disaster in relation to disaster recovery plan is anything that disrupts the running of business processes thereby hampering the company from carrying out its operations normally. Disaster becomes crippling when it affects one or more of the following operational resources: human resources, facilities, communications, power, and access to information. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its crippling effects on businesses is a typical example.
The Business Continuity Plan was created to prevent disruption of normal business operations that may be caused through natural disaster or human deeds. Business Continuity Plan is designed to protect critical business processes from Failure and consequently the loss of capital and business reputation.
The Plan is a strategy to minimize the effects of interference and to enable business processes to continue to take place.
- How can your business be resilience enough to survive a disruptive occurrence like COVID-19?
- How can you sustain your market share in spite of a major disruption?
- How do you sustain your customers confidence and integrity of your business?
In the course of this study, participants will understand the purpose of BCP and resilience framework which include:
- Risk management,
- Investing in time, capital, tools and techniques to ensure BCM is a fully embedded, auditable business management process (business continuity planning);
- Providing managers with opportunities to obtain a sound understanding of business continuity management and requisite skills to implement business continuity effectively
- Ensure that the framework is sufficiently flexible to meet the challenges of scalability, different organizational business profiles and various geographic needs coupled with governance, regulatory and legal regimes
- Assist and manage events that require information and resource coordination across multiple business functions (Crisis Management Planning)
Participants: Business owners, Corporate Risk and security managers, facility managers, Managers of logistics and transport businesses, new entrants into risk management space.
Took part in this certification and gained a different perspective of business continuity strategy…
This Course has delivered to me a new knowledge in addressing Business Continuity. An excellent facilitator!
Attending this course is what my organization needs. An eye opener for our Business Continuity.
This course addresses the fundamentals in Business Continuity and from diverse areas. Encourages critical reasoning
This course clearly shows the deep knowledge and insights of professionals who have mastered the subject well. I now have a deeper understanding in Business Continuity.
The simplicity and interactive nature of the course makes it unique. Business Continuity is key in a business and its highly recommended. A very good course.