Security Skills Development Company recognizes that it is essential for all Security Officers, their Supervisors, and managers to undergo a structured program of training and education resulting in a recognized qualification if they are to be developed, effective and professional in their roles.
increasingly, industry stakeholders also recognize that individuals who work to provide a more secure environment must have a broad range of skills and a clear understanding of their roles.
SSDC suggests that as the scope and importance of security work continues to grow in Nigeria, so will be an increase in the degree of professionalism expected from Security Officers.
As a professional organization, SSDC reiterates its commitment to:
- Set approval standard of training
- Ensure the maintenance and improvement of standards in the provision of training for security
- Operatives and others are involved in the provision of security services in general.
- Ensure quality standards and certification of and for such training that matches international standards and also contributes to the personal development of Security Officers, Supervisors, and Managers.
This training manual is intended to provide a clear specification for the core competence training leading to a certified qualification for security guards. The competencies that have been chosen cover the generic workplace activities of a security guard and supervisors, with cognizance to the Nigerian operating environment.
These competencies are based on international standards, using the UK, Canada, USA, and South Africa as models.
- Facilities: This training is delivered and undertaken inappropriate environments, equipped for the purpose of training, conducive to effective learning, and complies with Health and Safety requirements.
- Trainers: Only approved trainers deliver this program against stringent specifications and trainers themselves have successfully completed a formal training or instructional qualification on this program.
Methodology: In addition to the requirements of each section, the training program includes pre-reading materials and training evaluation components. These are common techniques used in training design to promote the integration of material and background preparation as a way of maximizing in-class time for discussion.
Training Evaluation: As the majority of the content in the security guard training program is focused on the Application of learned knowledge, the program has an evaluation element to it. The evaluation will measure the following levels.
Level 1 – Reaction
The levels deal with the immediate reactions of participants to the learning event and their level of satisfaction.
Level 2- Learning
At this level, participants are assessed for what they have learned. What do participants know now that they did not know before the training? What skills they have mastered?
Level 3 – Behavior
This level is more about the impact the learning has on an individual behavior at work. How has what was learned on the course been transferred to their everyday work?
Level 4 – Result
Finally, at the resulting level, the impact of the training on the participant’s performance and the community in which they are working is examined.
its a very good training for all guards. very interesting training
the standard of this training was very satisfactory and very objective. we need more of this regularly in our organisation
THIS TRAINING WENT OVER MY EXPECTATION OF WHAT I THOUGHT. NICE
I LOVE THIS TRAINING PROGRAM PLEASE WOULD WANT YOU GUYS TO COME TO OUR ORGANISATION