WHO IS A SECURITY COORDINATOR?
Who Is A Security Coordinator?
Security coordinators develop and implement the physical protection of the people and property of a business or residence.
Security Coordinators must plan and ensure programs are effective and responsible for enforcing security procedures among your staff, and also perform regular inspections on security systems and make arrangements for repairs.
A Security Coordinator often also serves as the point of contact for security system issues. Good communication is crucial since one of your duties may also be to train the employees on the use and features of security systems.
In this role, you may have the duty of maintaining the automated security systems and employee ID card system.
Duties Of A Security Coordinator
- Communicating with clients or employers about project, event, or campaign expectations and goals.
- Collaborating with clients or employers, finance teams, and other team members on budgeting and allocating funds.
- Delegating tasks to appropriate team members.
- Managing deadlines and progress across the team to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Collecting and analyzing feedback from customers and other project users to gauge satisfaction and success.
- To develop training programs, regulate entry to the building, and manage the security department as a whole.
- Attention to Detail
- Check, Examine and Record
- Communication with External Entities
- Gathering Information Through Observation
- Monitor Processes, Materials, and Surroundings
- Security Regulations and Procedures
- Strong Communication Skills
- Systems Analysis and Evaluation
- Train and Motivate Others
- Continuously monitor the facility for both internal and external security threats and risks
- Advise facility management on security-related issues
- Implement local security protocols
- Ensure compliance with both corporate and local security policies and procedures
- Supervise security officers assigned to the facility
- Prepare reports and conduct preliminary investigations of security-related incidents
- Work with local law enforcement officials as needed
Watch out for the next post
Follow @ssdcng for more security tips
Everything is detailed enough
Thanks for this information